Monday 18 November 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: 2014 Forest Hills Drive by J. Cole

he's bloody redeemed himself


2014 Forest Hills Drive is the third studio album from American rapper J. Cole. Way back, I reviewed KOD to an unfavourable review. I didn't really enjoy it that much and in honesty, the aftertaste of KOD made me hesitant to listen to this album. But god damn should I have listened to this way earlier. The whole album is really good and has some amazing tracks, especially Wet Dreamz. Heck, this fucking man made a 14-minute credits track entertaining. 2014 Forest Hills Drive has honestly changed my mind about J. Cole and it feels like a Kendrick situation where he hit an amazing album before (TPAB), but his most recent wasn't as good at all (DAMN.)

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment