Monday 18 November 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: The Lost Boy by YBN Cordae

second best rap album of this year

The Lost Boy is the debut studio album from American rapper YBN Cordae and jesus fucking christ it slaps. I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did, but damn was it a great one. Personally, I can describe it as a modern day College Dropout, with some diverse and very out there topics talked about on the album. One highlight was on the track "Thanksgiving", where Cordae talked about his future with a girl by meeting his family, something that I rarely see in modern rap. Everything fits together so well and it is incredible that this is a debut album. Plus, the features are a great addition too, especially Bad Idea with Chance The Rapper, RNP with Anderson .Paak and Family Matters with Arin Ray. Overall, this is absolutely incredible and is probably up on my top albums of 2019 list.

Devil's Score: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment