Monday 18 November 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Tetsuo & Youth by Lupe Fiasco

a bit long this one

Tetsuo & Youth is the fifth studio album from American rapper Lupe Fiasco. Didn't really know what I was getting into when I first clicked play, but it formed into an image pretty quickly. The album has 4 intermission style tracks, aptly named after the seasons. It was pretty sick for the last one to be Spring, as it worked pretty well. As for the rest of the album, I did enjoy it. The rap was good, the features complemented the style and overall, I think it was a pretty good release. The only downside that brings this down is the length. For some reason, I didn't notice the 8-minute length of "Prisoner 1 & 2" but the length of "Chopper" was blatantly obvious at a 9-minute length that started dragging around 3 minutes in. Overall, it's fairly good but it's not something I'd find myself running back to, bar a couple of tracks.

Devil's Score: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment