Friday 26 July 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Be the Cowboy by Mitski

Image result for be the cowboyalright devil, positive vibes only

Be the Cowboy is the fifth studio album from Japanese-American indie rock musician Mitski. This album got widespread praise in 2018 from critics, which makes me wonder if I don't actually have a taste for music. Firstly, most things felt a bit off, like the lyrics and the instrumental were just not clicking at all. At times the music was offputting. I will say though, there are some good highlights in this album, and I can see that there is an artist behind the music. But unfortunately, I can't really put too high of a score behind it because I didn't really enjoy it. I would like to reiterate that my scoring is wholly based on my enjoyment of the album and less on the technical aspects such as production and performance. The last time I studied Music was when I was 13 years old.

Devil's Score: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment