Friday 26 July 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Expectations by Hayley Kiyoko

Image result for expectations hayley kiyokoi had low expectations for this one

Expectations is the debut studio album from American singer-songwriter Hayley Kiyoko. Fun fact, she played Velma in the 2009-10 Scooby-Doo TV films and starred in Lemonade Mouth. Now that's out of the way, what about the album? I was honestly impressed. I saw Hayley Kiyoko live before when she opened for Panic! At The Disco in Houston, Texas (gotta flex that one quickly) and I was unimpressed. Something about it didn't really grab me. Now, this album? HOLY HELL IT'S PRETTY GOOD. It opens and I'm thinking "Woah, is this actually gonna be good?" and as I'm going through, every song is really enjoyable. I have to highlight specifically "Palm Dreams" which I suggest all of you listen to now because it is such a great song and personally the best on the album. All in all, it's a really great album and it has changed my view on Hayley Kiyoko.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment