Friday 26 July 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Mouth Moods by Neil Cicierega

Image result for mouth moodsbustin makes me feel good

Mouth Moods is the third mashup album from American musician and comedian Neil Cicierega. Neil is also known for creating the Potter Puppet Pals. And let me know, if you enjoy clever mashups, you will love this album. Mouth Moods is generally a great comedy album. For example, "Floor Corn" is an amazing example of how two songs with complete opposite moods can be mashed up and create something that is so enjoyable. "Wow Wow" is a version of Will Smith's "Wild West" that I might enjoy more than the original and the finale song titled "Shit" is an absolute classic on mashing up not two, not three but 16 songs into something that feels like a last song of an album (how does Neil get this right but actual artists don't?). And don't get me started on "Bustin", an absolute classic comedy song that I'd write an essay on if I had the time. Mouth Moods is a great album.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment