Friday 26 July 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Negro Swan by Blood Orange

Image result for negro swandamn this is fucking smooth

Negro Swan is the fourth studio album from British musician Dev Hynes, better known as Blood Orange. I have to admit that I did have a slight bias that I didn't think this was gonna be that good. Your suggestions can be hit or miss (See: Malibu vs Atrocity Exhibition) but I was wholly surprised by the quality of this album. Blood Orange is an amazing musician and really had me gripped for parts of the album. It was refreshing to be able to listen to something that is usually out of my comfort zone and feel comfortable. There isn't really any part of the album that is a lowlight, bar some intermissions that could be a bit shorter, but I can't really see anything much wrong with this album. Great suggestion all around. Thank you.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment