Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: The Attractions Of Youth by Barns Courtney

Image result for the attractions of youth album coverthe songs with fire are the highlights of this album

The Attractions of Youth is the debut studio album from English artist Barns Courtney. Work for this album began in 2016 with his debut single Fire and the album was officially released in 2017. I had already listened to "Hellfire", due to my girlfriend's (Editor's Note: well, this is awkward now) music tastes and it winning Suggestion of the Week on the now-defunct Monday Night Takeover, but there were a lot of songs still undiscovered music on this "Folk Pop/Blues Rock" album. So what did I think of it? Well, it started strong with "Fire". But quickly it went into the Folk part of the album which honestly I didn't enjoy as much. As I said in the witty sub-title, I enjoyed both "Fire" and "Hellfire" but the rest wasn't as great. It was good, but nothing as good as those two. All in all, it's a good debut album from the Seattle native and I'd listen to "Fire" and "Hellfire" again.

Devil's Score: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment