Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Wolf by Tyler, The Creator

time to lose the respect of my peer

Wolf is the second studio album from American rapper Tyler, The Creator. I have already listened to Tyler's 4th album Flower Boy and that got a 7/10. I guess his earlier stuff just doesn't really resonate with me.
And this hurts because I know a lot of people have looked at Tyler's recent work and yearn for the days of Wolf and Goblin, but I now kind of see Flower Boy as a good direction for Tyler. A lot of the singles on Wolf feel out of beat and out of touch and sometimes crude for the sake of crude. It makes listening to the album an uncomfortable experience and honestly, there are a lot of songs on here that I probably will never ever touch again. Some of the songs did resonate well and they weren't half bad. However, this is the first time in a long time that I've had to rate something that is, in my opinion, worse than a meh album.

Devil's Score: 4

(Editor's Note: Yeah, basically things improved from Flower Boy and now IGOR could be my 2019 AOTY)

No comments:

Post a Comment