Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: St. Leonards by Slowly Slowly

slowly slowly falling asleep

St. Leonards is the second studio album from Australian band Slowly Slowly. I'm gonna break this down into three sections: The start of the album, the middle of the album and the end of the album.
Start
This album actually starts out quite strongly and at the time I was entertained by it. "Dinosaurs" was a pretty good song and it helped me get comfortable with the album.
Middle
Okay, the album starts to go a bit slow in quality and a lot of the songs are sounding a bit too similar and meh now.
End
Doesn't really pick up until a last-ditch attempt with "Christmas Lights", but by that point, I'm already turned off.

Overall, I can see why some people could like this album, but to me, it felt very bland with only a few songs having a spark of life in them.

Devil's Score: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment