Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: good kid, m.A.A.d city by Kendrick Lamar

to pimp a butterfly was definitely kendrick's peak

good kid, m.A.A.d city is the second studio album from American rapper Kendrick Lamar. So far I've listened to 3 of 4 of Kendrick's albums and I can say that this firmly plants TPAB as the magnum opus of Kendrick's work and every other album he's done has been shoddy as hell. Yes, I am about to go rant mode on this album because TPAB set the bar too high for my standards for a Kendrick album. If I had to compare gkmc to another album, I'd compare it to Logic's YSIV. And by that, I mean it absolutely sucked compared to my standards. The non-music parts were stretched too far, and most of the music was sub-par compared to some rap work that I favour. Honestly, I was hoping to enjoy gkmc more, but it extremely underwhelmed me.

Devil's Score: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment