Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: a modern tragedy vol. 2 by grandson

i think the album title says the most

a modern tragedy vol. 2 is, to my knowledge, the second EP from Canadian-American singer-songwriter grandson. The most I've heard from grandson prior was his most prolific song "Blood // Water" which was the NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 theme and I had a listen to it outside of the confines of the wrestling world (I still prefer WarGames' Play by Marmozets). Through listening to this EP, it started off very well with the grandson feel of the song. However, as I got through the EP, even though it was only 17 minutes long, I grew to find out I'm not really a fan of the grandson style. The vocals can get quite irritating personally and sometimes the instrumental can be a bit obnoxious as well. Overall, it's a good effort, but not something I would listen to again.

Devil's Score: 6

(Editor's Note: Fun Fact, this was never actually suggested and I misunderstood something in conversation)

No comments:

Post a Comment