Sunday 1 September 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Misadventures by Pierce the Veil

Image result for misadventures pierce the veil album covergod I haven't heard about PTV since the emo scene

Misadventures is the fourth studio album from American rock band Pierce the Veil. I was actually hesitant to start this album because even though I grew up with bands like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco and My Chemical Romance, I always had a bit of indifference to other bands in the emo scene at the time, be it Hollywood Undead, Sleeping With Sirens or Pierce The Veil. However, when I started the first song of this album "Dive In", I had a bit of a change in heart. It's a really good opener to a rock album and it had me intrigued. In fact, the rock throughout the album is really good and I heard some fucking good guitar shredding in the album as well, so there's always positives. One downside for me always is whiny rock vocalists which harken back to the days of the emo scene, but it wasn't a turn-off. All in all, Misadventures is a great album and if I was a fan of theirs back in 2016, I probably would have listened to this a lot.

Devil's Score: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment