Monday 10 June 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Am I A Girl? by Poppy

Image result for Am I A Girl?i'm howtobasic poppy

Poppy is an interesting character. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, I had actually listened to Poppy prior to this album review. Part of my Discover Weekly Gems playlist with Kira was "Lowlife", which was on Poppy's Bubblebath EP, and of course, I had seen her bizarre and astounding YouTube channel. Now, with the album, it is pretty fire. Each song brings a new style with it, and her voice is really perfect for the music business. Like a lot of the songs are very distinct from each other and they don't really blend into one song if you understand me. There's a very artistic vibe coming from Am I A Girl? which isn't really unexpected. I will say that I love Poppy's collaboration with Diplo "Time Is Up", as it's just a general great song, "The Rapture Ball", which has one of the best fucking chorus instrumentals, and "Am I A Girl?", which goes so fucking heavy in the chorus and completely surprised me. Overall, it is a great album that has a slow start but really hits its stride once you hit the middle and through to the end, where somehow it gets more metal as you reach the end. ...oh yeah, take a shot.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment