Monday 10 June 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Metallic Butterfly by Princess Nokia

Image result for metallic butterfly princess nokia album coverthis shit bangs

I will admit that Metallic Butterfly is better than A Girl Cried Red. Princess Nokia is an NYC rapper who expanded and re-released this 2014 mixtape this year with Rough Trade Records. The opening is slightly too arty for me, but when it gets into the music, it's pretty great. I noticed the quality improve specifically at "Biohazard Butterfly", the 5th track on the mixtape. The rap is actually really good, but the music production on this is actually really impressive and is one of my favourite parts of the album. All in all, I'd suggest having a listen to this re-release, even if you're a bit mainstream.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment