Monday 10 June 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: A Night At The Opera by Queen

Image result for a night at the opera album coverah, bohemian rhapsody... mwah

A Night At The Opera was the fourth studio album by legendary rock band Queen, released in 1975. To say this sounded like a very experimental album is an understatement. At first, I thought that Bohemian Rhapsody was going to be the only stand out of this album, but I was proven wrong. With the variety of instruments and genres, Queen had spent so much money on producing this album, being the most expensive album to produce at the time. For personal opinion, the album starts and ends really well. "Death On Two Legs" had me surprised as I didn't expect much from the undercard of a Queen album, and even though the album ends with a minute long guitar cover of "God Save The Queen", the prior song is the legendary "Bohemian Rhapsody". There were some songs in the album that didn't really take my fancy, sometimes sounding a bit too odd, but songs like "You're My Best Friend", "'39" and "Sweet Lady" make this album for me. Overall, this album was an experimental album done right: great songs and no confusing decisions.


Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment