Thursday 30 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Awake by Alison Wonderland

Image result for awake alison wonderland album coverbit too far down the rabbit hole

Alison Wonderland is a singer and DJ from Sydney, Australia. This is her second album and I've got to say I'm slightly disappointed with what I got. First up, the first build in the song Good Enough sounds like it's building towards the Sanic Darude Sandstorm remix, which isn't the best impression to have at the start. Some of the beats were okay, but Jesus was there some bad songs on here. Firstly, the Trippie Redd feature is actually so awful I had to skip that song. A lot of the time, the music is irritating and annoying to a point that I wanted to move on so badly. I will say there are some good songs, especially the eponymous ending song "Awake", but that's 14 songs too late. For an album that uses the singer's voice saying "fuck me up" as a fill-in beat, I hope this score can suffice.

Devil's Score: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment