Wednesday 29 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: 1981 Extended Play by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

Image result for 1981 extended play album coverOMG OMG OMG OMG I am so fucking excited

If you don't know IDKHBTFM, or IDKHOW for short, they're a duo consisting of former Panic! At The Disco bassist Dallon Weekes and former Falling In Reverse drummer Ryan Seaman. Now, I knew of Dallon before this, but somehow I hadn't figured out he had started a new band. When I did though, I was hooked. Singles like "Choke" and "Do It All The Time" (which feature on this EP) and "Modern Day Cain" were absolute slappers of tracks and I had made a point that IDKHOW are my Sound of 2019, the people who I think are gonna flourish next year. Heck, I didn't even know this got released until I... actually I don't remember but I know I saw a new track and then it said it was part of a new EP and I fucking legged it to Spotify. It's a 16 minute EP, so it's short, the Introduction is a great stylistic opening with a short 30-second talking segment, and all of the songs are what I love. I mean, "Social Climb" had brass. BRASS! I think it's clear what I'm giving 1981 EP.

Devil's Score: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment