Thursday 30 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Sick Boy by The Chainsmokers

Image result for sick boy album coverwhy did the first song have to sound so similar

No word of a lie, the first song of this album "This Feeling" sounds like it has the same beat as The Chainsmokers' single "Something Just Like This". If that's any indicator of what The Chainsmokers are about, then this is gonna be a fun review. The artist/producer duo's second album is okay. It has the beats and it has some good vocals as usual. There was one song where I was surprised there was such a diverse EDM drop on it, so I looked and I think it was just another DJ who featured on the track. What I'm getting at is The Chainsmokers music is boring. It's good and you can enjoy it sometimes, but you can't really listen to a whole album without being like "have I heard this one already?". That's my major drawback about this album, despite having solid songs.

Devil's Score: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment