Wednesday 22 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Villains by Emma Blackery

Image result for emma blackery villainsIf you know me, you will know I have been very excited to listen to this album. I never got to listen to it on release as I was on holiday and when I came back, I had a backlog of albums to review so it had to fall behind. After two months wait though, my god I'm so very happy to have experienced this album. Villains is the debut album by social media star Emma Blackery. I loved the singles that had already come out, and in honesty, I was amazed by what else was released. The singles, such as "Dirt" (such a fucking banger), "Agenda", "Icarus" and "Take Me Out" are really good tunes and I would suggest you listen to them right now. Some of the other songs are a bit lacklustre in comparison, but as to be expected from an artist's debut album. One song I really liked was "What I Felt With You" which felt very emotional and grounded. At the last song, it may feel a bit dragging, but trust me there is such an astounding moment I want you to hear. All in all, I won't be biased about this. It's a good album but not one of the best I've heard this year. Therefore, this score is fitting.

Devil's Score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment