Wednesday 22 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Growing Up, Vol. 1 by A L E X

Image result for growing up vol 1 album coverThe album is very chilled and plays on electronic music. Using samples from film, TV, video games and much more, it is a very creative album, and it features something that I do adore in albums: short songs. No song in GUV1 reaches 4 minutes. The longest song is 3:27 and it really helps in easy listening when you don't want a song to drag. I will say though, it doesn't grab my attention. I want to hear something that will make me want to sing it and hum it for days after. GUV1 doesn't really have any memorable songs but works well when you're just listening through it for relaxation. Additionally, there isn't really much transition between songs and leaves a gap of nothingness between each song, which is something I like to avoid honestly. Overall, Growing Up, Vol. 1 is a nice album, but doesn't stick the landing when it comes to memorability.

Devil's Score: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment