Wednesday 22 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: KOD by J. Cole

Image result for KOD album coverWhen the hit single of the album isn't making you feel it, you know that it's gonna be an off experience. KOD is the 6th and most recent album by rapper J. Cole, and I can see where the stylings lie. Mentions of lean, drugs and the current political scene run rampant through this album, and some songs work better than others. For example, Once an Addict and FRIENDS are songs that do have some good lyrics and impactful meanings, but the rest of the songs don't really speak to me. It's not really my style of music in honesty. It's a lot of music editing and remix, and the rapping doesn't really interest me that much. It's something, but it's not for me.

 P.S. the diss track at the end is pretty sick though.

Devil's Score: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment