Wednesday 22 May 2019

ALBUM REVIEW: Palo Santo by Years and Years

Image result for palo santo album cover
Palo Santo is a masterful album by Years and Years. The trio's second album, this is seriously a must-listen. Starting with the song "Sanctify", that is one of the best ways to start an album so far. It is actually god-like to a point, and the synth used during the chorus really knocks me good. The start of the album continues with a lot of funk, groove and synth and especially "Karma" and "Hypnotised" had me on a leash to this album at one point. The album just keeps going, with the hit single "If You're Over Me" and the eponymous song "Palo Santo" being really great. It rounds thing off with "Up In Flames", a song that isn't a traditional album ender but still really butters my eggrolls. Palo Santo has hit me hard, and I'd be hard-pressed not to put that in my top 5 of this year.

Devil's Score: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment